Sunday, April 1, 2012

I did it!!!

I finally hung some actual pictures on the wall, and this is before they are over a year old!!!!!  I know, hold your applause and maintain your composure everyone, this might happen again in the near future.  I still have quite a few pictures to hang up but I wanted to share a picture of my handy work...I even measured it out and made sure they were level!!!


I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  

So after the pictures were hung we played a game of scattergories and then a game of Life...I didn't win.  The kids all decided to go to college first (woohoo) and I decided to take the shorter route and start my career right away.  I ended up with this occupation and salary:


As for the kids, they got salaries of $80,000, $90,000 and $100,000.  Yeah, it's nicer when you get to choose from 3 instead of taking the one you got.  Like I said, I lost.  I hope the kids got a lesson out of this game today.  

So the kids have 4 more days of school until spring break.  They don't have school on Friday and only Madison knows that we're going to Jessie's house for her daughter's surprise party and a "sleepover" so the kids can have a fun time.  Maybe I can play Scattergories and not have to let my competitors use any letter they want and give them an automatic extra point after each round. :)

Other than that, I think I'm going to make cupcakes for the kids' classrooms.  Madison is not sure if she wants to take any but Christopher would like blue cupcakes and Alexander chose green.  Here's a picture of the ones I'm going to attempt.


Not the grass ones because I don't have that attachment and that's a lot of work.  I'm going to do the chicks just with yellow frosting for Christopher and the bunny backsides for Alexander.  I'm thinking tootsie rolls are in order. :)  I like making stuff for their classes, it makes them very happy.  

That's it for now, I hope everyone has a great day and night. :)

1 comment: