Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter and we Miss Daddy!!!

So it's Easter morning and we miss Daddy.  We wish he was here to help with the finding of the Easter eggs and the eating of the candy.  That darn Reese's still makes the best little eggs around!  I'm thinking of taking the kids to the movie today.  Actually, not thinking about it, we're going at 1:00 to the free theater.  Should only cost like $8 or so for popcorn and drinks and a great time to pass the days until Daddy gets back!!  We're going to have to find stuff to do for spring break.  I have to make this post quick because I need to get ready to go but I'll post more soon.

Ok, so here are some pictures and we are already back from our daily "adventures".  The kids loved the movie again, even as much as the first time and they had a great time at the beach.  They swam for about 2 hours and I didn't even realize how fast the time had went.  It was almost 6:00 when we were leaving.
















So, when I talked to my mom a little while back she told me about how she had tried to "catch the Easter Bunny" for making such a mess in her house.  Well I figured we had to try that and see how the kids felt about that.  Alexander was excited and didn't quite know what to think about that.  He wasn't sure what we would do with him if we actually got him.  Christopher made sure to ask if we were going to let him go after seeing him if we were to catch him.  We made a trap, just a little string, tied to the door handle, going under the front rug and a loop at the end with bells tied to it so we could hear it if he got caught.

It took Christopher FOREVER to go to sleep last night but things were finally set up and Madison was able to help.  She has been waiting all year for this because Easter last year was when she found out about stuff.  I turned the ac down so that it would keep coming on and making noise and forgot to turn it back up before I went to bed.  About 5 minutes after going to bed I realized that I was freezing and that I would not make it through the night at this temperature, yes, I felt as though I might as well have been in Antarctica.  I turned it up after making it down the hallway full of plastic eggs and candy that had fallen out of the bunny's basket.  I had taken a small string to bed with me complete with 3 jingle bells.  After I was in bed for a a minute I rang it a few times and made sure that it would be heard.  The next morning Christopher said he had heard him getting caught in the trap but was too tired to get up.  You should have heard Alexanders' rendition of how the mess looked by the front door.  He used his hands and awesome expressions when he told me that the "rug was FLIPPED OVER!"  It was hilarious.  So worth it.

Madison was so excited she could help.  She was doing such a great job hiding stuff and helping with the candy.  She looked at me and whispered, "Do you think I'm going to be a good Easter Bunny?"  I told her that I think she's going to be a great one and her smile melted my heart.  She laughed as we sprinkled the powder over the stencil she had watched me carve out earlier.

I totally missed posting about the baseball games so I will be writing one on that too.  That's it for Easter day though. :)  I hope everyone has a great Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment