Saturday, July 2, 2011

A GET TOGETHER TODAY

We have a picnic or get together or whatever you want to call it to go to today.  Glenn's sponsor is having us over to his place along with a few other people as a welcome to the island thing.  I think that will be pretty fun.  We will be heading over there around 1:30 and I think that will be good for the kids again.  They have been doing pretty good in the hotel room but they need to get out and run around and get some of this energy out.  They like to play quite loud in the room and Madison likes to decide that she's in charge of the games, which means that every rule she makes up goes and ones that Christopher and Alexander make up don't count.  I think we will be heading to the picnic on base tomorrow for some fun times.  They have tons of stuff to do tomorrow. 
 
Celebrity Chefs will be judging a BBQ Rib "Throw Down", Chili Cook-off and Apple Pie Contest.
Sporting Events: Ultimate Frisbee Tournament, Volleyball Tournament, 3 on 3 basketball, horse shoes, tug o' war, 1-pitch softball tournament, 9-pin Bowling Tournament.

Headliner Country Concert: Country Western star Nate Pearce! Performing our National Anthem during the opening ceremonies (which begin at 10:00am) and featuring a full live 90-minute performance at 2:30pm.
Activities: Power wheels, balloon artist and face painter, parade, inflatable kingdom and several sports events.
I'm pretty sure that will keep the kids occupied for quite some time and tucker them out.  I'm sure it will tucker Daddy and I out as well. 
 
I got all of our laundry done last night and I am so glad that the dryers didn't suck as bad as the ones in Seattle did.  Of course they're not as good as the ones in homes but they weren't the best dryers ever either.  I just sat down there and read my book while they were rinsing and drying because I didn't want anything to get taken. 
 
I don't really have much more to write about right now because it's 7:54 in the morning so not much has happened today.  Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment