Sunday, June 5, 2011

Down to the last few days

I have a feeling that the next few days will go by very quickly.  We have so much to do and only a little time to do it.  We need to get my car registered before we leave but need proof of purchase first.  That will need to be faxed from TN.  My windshield is getting replaced Tuesday because I can't pass the inspection with the crack in it.  Good thing insurance is changed.  I'm pretty sure that I need to get an inspection for that, we'll fit that in somewhere.  Aunt Holly is coming over on Wednesday to show me how to finish the hobo bags that she taught me how to make.  I have one for Mandy almost finished and I must say the colors are so awesome I'd love to keep it for myself.  My little sister's bag is next! :)  Madison made herself a snap bag and did a great job on it too.  She learns very quickly. 

We walked up the Watkins Glen Gorge Saturday evening and the kids loved it.  It was beautiful!  Tiring in some spots but absolutely beautiful.  I got quite a few pictures that I might try to put on here before we leave for Chicago but we'll see.  Glenn and Madison will be heading out Wednesday for Indiana and the boys and I will hang out here until Friday morning.  We'll drive to Chicago and meet Glenn and Madison there for the night and then it's off to MN to see the Johnson family.  Alexander talked so much in the car today that Nana said he's going to get along great with Baby Holly. :)

Glenn is busy making hotel arrangements for when we arrive in Guam and I'll be busy tomorrow night making Nani's hotel reservations.  I hope her quarantine facility is as nice as the Sheraton.  At least we can visit her daily to let her know that we didn't just ship her off to some island in the middle of nowhere and forget about her. 

Today we headed out to get flowers, friendly's and screws for Nani's cage so she can fly.  Oh, I can't forget about the movie that had to be gotten by someone...NEVER SAY NEVER.  Hmmmmm, wonder who watched that tonight.

We went to the movie right when we got home and saw Kung Fu Panda 2.  The kids and I thought it was pretty good but Daddy was falling asleep, really.  I'll tell you, $17.50 is the cheapest movie I have ever been to with the kids.  It cost more than that for Madison and I to go see the Beibster movie in 3D in Newport! 

The kids played outside for a little while when we got home and then we decided it was time to come in and settle down for the night...not before Papa busted out the ice cream though.  We settled down after that, so did the dogs.  Man, Nani's going to hate us for sending her to the kennel after staying in Hotel De La Wead with treats served up daily.  What can you do though...that's life.

Alright, I'm off to bed.  Like I said, I'm not sure about the pictures but I might try.  I don't like not having my Photoshop but hey, they're pictures right?  Everyone have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment