Monday, November 30, 2015

A Day Trip To Cådiz

The Cathedral, up close and personal.  Really just the front door but it's gigantic!


All of these exhibits were exquisite and I didn't think to take a picture of what they were exactly but they were all beautiful.


Just look at the architecture here!


I did hear on the tour phone thingy we were provided that this was the oldest painting hanging in the exhibit today.


The stairway to the catacombs.





This solid silver piece stood over 5 meters tall!  It was so shiny and beautiful!  







We headed down into the crypts with the hopes that we didn't see the crypt keeper anywhere near us....well, I didn't want to see him anyway.  Every time I had seen him was on late night television and that was always involving some sort of horror show....not interested in real life thank you.








Hey, when you fall UP the stairs you have to laugh it off right?  





It's amazing how so many people are so poor when there are so many items made of solid gold and bedazzled with emeralds and rubies like these things are, and all just to drink out of....or, sit on a shelf surrounded by glass so that people can pay 13 Euros for a family of 5 to gawk at the amazingness of the fact that someone was able to drink out of a solid gold tumbler at one point in their life.  






Heading up to the tower of the cathedral.  I thought I might die at any point in time so I decided I should take a quick picture to make sure my timeless death was not pointless. :)


Not even halfway there!!!  OMG!!!


Sure, you can pose so I can take a short rest (I mean, take your picture).....




A super old restored clock that actually told the correct time.


This last bit of the trek, this staircase was crazy small, like, barbie foot small.  


Those are the smallest member of our families feet, that's how small these steps were. 

















On the way down Christopher decided to pose like a statue.


Then Alexander thought it was cool, so he wanted to join in.



They were hungry so they got a snack to munch on.  


This guy was crazy.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of his sign.  He kept singing the Beetles song, All we need is love.  Not the whole thing, just the chorus.




I don't know what it is about these streets that intrigues me so much but I just love them.





La Candela, the restaurant we stopped at to eat.  





Super weird/crazy painting or drawings on the wall.  There were more than 5 of these things but we were more than captivated by the first few, we didn't want to bother the other diners and take pictures of the other ones.






So........this is the hamburger you get here.......HUGE right?!?!  No.  Madison and I shared one.  I'm still hungry today.....just kidding.  We all had cheesecake after lunch. :)


A little arm wrestling before dessert.


The cheesecake came in little jars with lids.  I wouldn't try to replicate this recipe because it wasn't one of the best I've had but it was nice to try new things. :)


A nice game of after dinner checkers....sans the checker pieces.


Yeah, we kept pretty good track of who moved where and who got jumped.  Team Daddy and Madison won this game.





The walk back to the car.



The Castillo we stumbled upon....


Amazing view of the fishing boats.


Sun is almost setting.


The bird doesn't like getting his picture taken.


                                            This guard bird didn't mind his mugshot being taken.


Another view of all of the fishing boats.


Inside the star shaped floor plan.  


Alexander was NOT pleased with having to pose with his statue.  Yes, his legs are this thin, no, he is not shaped like the rest of this guy, I mean, look at the size of his arms compared to Shniggy's!


You don't even know how long it took to get this shot.  Alexander had to, I mean, HAD TO, get both feet on this damn anchor.  All I heard was, "wait, just a sec, just another second, just a......wait....."  FINALLY!!!!


Amazing.  Here I am building sandcastles with flipping buckets just to make the edges look like a castle edge and this guy is carving bridges and towers out of plain old sand...my talent level needs to kick it up a notch.


Yes, there's even a stinking shark in the water!  Like I said....my talent level......


Glenn and I deserved to sit together and enjoy a beautiful sunset together, so we did.


On the way back to the car we saw a cat on the rocks below.  It turned out, there were like 50 cats on the rocks below!!!  


No joke, it was like a cathouse down there!!!  Not the kind some men would like, but an actual, meow, cat house!!


Amazing view of the lighthouse in Cådiz.  How many chances does one get to experience something like this?  I am so thankful that our family is able to go on adventures like these, all because of my amazing husband.  Without him, our life wouldn't be as amazing as it is.  Thank you Babe.


I hope you all have an amazing day as I go finish my episode of Supernatural. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment